Tencent AI Lab
Zhaopeng Tu is a principal researcher at Tencent AI Lab, whose research focuses on deep learning for natural language processing (NLP).
He is currently working on neural machine translation (NMT) and Seq2Seq learning for other NLP tasks, such as dialogue and question answering.
He has published over 40 papers in leading NLP/AI journals and conferences such as ACL, EMNLP, TACL, AAAI, and IJCAI.
He served as ACL2019, EMNLP2018-2019, NAACL2019 machine translation area co-chair, and AAAI2019 senior PC member.
For immediate consideration of a research intern position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Participate in cutting-edge research in deep learning for natural language processing
- Develop solutions for research problems, such as improving model architecture (e.g. Transformer and BERT), representation learning, model interpretation, etc
- PhD students or talented undergraduate/master students, with an available period of at least 6 months
- Experience in NLP and/or deep learning research
- Proficiency in PyTorch
- Solid in machine learning and/or programming
- Having publication records at leading conferences like ACL, EMNLP, NAACL, AAAI, etc
- Shilin He (PhD student from CUHK, 2018.11 -- present)
- Jie Hao (PhD student from Florida State University, 2018.05 -- present)
- Jie Hao, Xing Wang, Baosong Yang, Longyue Wang, Jinfeng Zhang, and Zhaopeng Tu. Modeling Recurrence for Transformer. NAACL 2019.
- Jie Hao, Xing Wang, Shuming Shi, Jinfeng Zhang, and Zhaopeng Tu. Multi-Granularity Self-Attention for Neural Machine Translation. EMNLP 2019.
- Jie Hao, Xing Wang, Shuming Shi, Jinfeng Zhang, and Zhaopeng Tu. Towards Better Modeling Hierarchical Structure for Self-Attention with Ordered Neurons. EMNLP 2019 (Short).
- Jian Li (PhD student from CUHK, 2018.03 -- 2019.04)
- Ziyi Dou (Undergraduate from Nanjing University, 2018.03 -- 2018.09, now a PhD student at CMU)
- Baosong Yang (PhD student from Macau University, 2018.01 -- 2019.02)
- Baosong Yang, Zhaopeng Tu, Derek F. Wong, Fandong Meng, Lidia S. Chao, and Tong Zhang. Modeling Localness for Self-Attention Networks. EMNLP 2018.
- Baosong Yang, Jian Li, Derek Wong, Lidia S. Chao, Xing Wang, and Zhaopeng Tu. Context-Aware Self-Attention Networks. AAAI 2019.
- Baosong Yang, Longyue Wang, Derek Wong, Lidia S. Chao, and Zhaopeng Tu. Convolutional Self-Attention Networks. NAACL 2019 (Short).
- Baosong Yang, Longyue Wang, Derek F. Wong, Lidia S. Chao, and Zhaopeng Tu. Assessing the Ability of Self-Attention Networks to Learn Word Order. ACL 2019.
- Xing Wang (PhD student from Soochow University, 2017.08 -- 2018.07, now a hire at Tencent AI Lab)
- Xing Wang, Zhaopeng Tu, and Min Zhang. Incorporating Statistical Machine Translation Word Knowledge into Neural Machine Translation. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing (TASLP), 2018.
- Xing Wang, Zhaopeng Tu, Deyi Xiong, and Min Zhang. Translating Phrases in Neural Machine Translation. EMNLP 2017.
- Longyue Wang (PhD student from Dublin City University, 2017.05 -- 2017.11, now a hire at Tencent AI Lab)
- Longyue Wang, Zhaopeng Tu, Andy Way, and Qun Liu. Learning to Jointly Translate and Predict Dropped Pronouns with a Shared Reconstruction Mechanism. EMNLP 2018 (Short).
- Longyue Wang, Zhaopeng Tu, Shuming Shi, Tong Zhang, Yvette Graham, and Qun Liu. Translating Pro-Drop Languages with Reconstruction Models. AAAI 2018.
- Longyue Wang, Zhaopeng Tu, Andy Way, and Qun Liu. Exploiting Cross-Sentence Context for Neural Machine Translation. EMNLP 2017 (Short).
- Xiang Kong (Master student from UIUC, 2017.05 -- 2017.09, now a PhD student at CMU)